Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Is This Heaven: South from Aquamala to Tijuana

      My last stop on this Sunday, after visiting Cerveceria Transpeninsular and Wendlandt Breweries, was Aquamala Brewery. It was small but crowded and noisy yet trendy. Of all the breweries visited so far, I would say the majority of customers were not tourist but mostly locals. A twenty-something crowd of men and women inhabited Aquamala with women dressed in their Sunday best out enjoying conversations and an afternoon out with their friends

      Aquamala, of the three breweries visited, served fusion Tapas to match their beer which were of a high quality and blended well with the brews I tasted. I had the shrimp and marlin spring roles which were flaky and mouth watering and hit the spot after quite an eventful and busy first day. The view of the ocean was distant but spectacular as were the other two breweries I had visited earlier.I called it a day and looked forward to returning to TJ to visit the breweries that were located yesterday.I capped off the night by visiting and Irish pub in Ensenada. I ordered a Guinness and they said they were out. I'll leave it at that.


Tijuana
      The Plaza Fiesta in central TJ was a craft brewery area that was small and quaint and a beer drinkers dream. This place must be cranking on a Fri/Sat night.Two narrow for cars, the alleyways separated at least 5 craft breweries. When tasting was complete at one, five yards across the alley was another unique drinking experience.  A few breweries had not opened yet like Cerveceria Insurgente which I was looking forward to but Border Psycho and Mamut Brewery were serving some great suds. Border Psycho is simply going to do this craft brewery thing their own way and the images inside caught my attention instantly upon walking in. They definitely march to the beat of
their own drum. Border Psycho served "Chilipa," a beer whose aroma and flavor are pale and caramel malts, citrus, with a moderate bitterness, and solid pepper spice that gradually builds. This was the Mexican beer


that left a nice pepper spot in my throat at the end of each taste. I felt from this beer that I had made it to Mexico. I'm glad to hear that Border Psycho, Cerveceria Transpeninsular will be able to make it to the Huntington Beach Beer Festival next weekend and will be looking forward to seeing them again.

Next Post: Parking Structure Roof Location a Real Convenience for Norte Brewing Co, Tijuana


No comments:

Post a Comment

Norte Brewing Company: Brewery in the Sky

After spending time visiting the breweries of Ensenada and visiting the Plaza Fiesta in Tijuana containing numerous breweries in one locatio...